Call for Scripts: Persistent & Nasty
Deadline: 15 December 2017
WHEN: Tuesday 30th January 2018 @ 7pm (then monthly)
WHERE: The Old Hairdressers, 27 Renfield Lane, Glasgow
Persistent and Nasty is a platform for female identified humans working, writing and performing in the stage and screen industry. It was born from the frustration and anger of four actresses/writers, fed-up with the treatment of women across the industry; from the lack of profile female writers get, to the way that women are treated in the casting process.
The format of the evening is in two parts. First there'll be a rehearsed reading of a piece of writing for theatre or film by a female-identified writer. This will be followed by an open forum discussion with an invited industry guest, addressing any issues the work points to and that affect us on a cross-industry level.
The goal is to create a event that is safe and supportive. The event will be recorded for an accompanying podcast that will serve as documentation of thoughts and ideas.
CRITERIA FOR THE WRITERS:
- 15-30 minutes in length (approximately 20-30 pages)
- The script can be written for theatre or for film
- Priority will be given to scripts that explore themes of gender equality, challenge traditional gender roles and explore feminist issues
- Priority will be given to scripts that have more than one female character
- Casting will be age, ethnicity and disability blind
- If the submitted script is an excerpt from a longer piece, the
excerpt should be able to stand alone and be understood.Please use
as close to industry standard formatting as possible. Minimum
requirement is 12pt font size, double line spacing and page
Alongside the script itself, please provide the following:
- A brief synopsis
- Character descriptions
- A few words on what inspired you to write this particular piece
- A short biography
Please send the above information to Louise Oliver at: email@example.com
Deadline for submitting scripts is 5pm on Friday 15 December
Location: Glasgow City
The deadline is Friday 15 December 2017 at 17:00.