The John Byrne Award 2017
Deadline: 31 January 2018
Call for entries to The John Byrne Award 2017. The John Byrne Award is a competition open to 16-25 year olds in Scotland that supports the creative expression of values.
The John Byrne Award is Scotland's premier art competition open to young adults aged 16 - 25. This year they are looking for creative pieces of work that are thought-provoking and show a consideration of values. You can submit the following types of work:
- Visual art - Paintings, Drawings, Sketches, Illustrations, Sculpture, Digital Art, Screen prints, Mixed Media, Photography, Design, Fashion Design etc.
- Music - Compositions, songs, original pieces of music etc.
- Video - Documentaries, music videos, art films, short films, fashion films etc.
- Writing - Poetry, Creative Writing, Essays, Novellas etc.
Throughout the year you can enter your creative work to be considered for the main prize of £1000 and sub category prizes of £500. These will be drawn in February 2018. Each month they also award £100 to their 'Highlight of the Month', which is an entry in any medium that the JBA team thinks has the most potential to encourage others to consider their values.
- The JBA Nov Prize £100 - 30th November 2017
- The JBA Values Top Prize £1000 - 31st January 2018
- The JBA Award Category Prizes £500 (Visual Art, Music, Writing, Video) - 31st January 2018