Theatre503 Playwriting Award 2018
Deadline: 31 March 2018
The 2018 Theatre503 Playwriting Award is now open for entries between until 31st March 2018. Before applying please see below for more submission information and full terms and conditions.
Theatre503 supports debut and emerging writers. Submissions can be made by any writer who has not had a play professionally performed for 4 weeks or more in a subsidised London, major regional or international venue.
- Applications can be made using an online directly accessible via the Theatre503 website.
- Writers will need to complete the application form in full, which will include submitting a synopsis of the play and the full length play in PDF form only, with no images or other material included.
- Plays will be read anonymously and in order to do this all writers must ensure that their name or contact details DO NOT appear anywhere on the PDF of the play.
- Writers may submit one full-length play (min 60 minutes stage time) only. This must be an original, unproduced work, unperformed anywhere in the world, apart from rehearsed/staged readings and workshops.
- Co-written plays will be accepted for the award.
- Writers are free to submit for the process with work that has previously been considered by this or another theatre.
- In line with Theatre503's commitment to equality and diversity of storytelling, we would be most grateful if you filled out the Equality Monitoring Form. You will also be helping create a picture of debut and emerging writers from all over the world.