How to Apply
Am I eligible for the Scottish Borders Playwriting Programme?
- You are an aspiring or emerging playwright living in the Scottish Borders
- You have a keen interest in playwriting
- You will be available for all or the majority of the dates detailed for the workshops
- You are able to commit to completing work set between monthly workshops.
Is the Scottish Borders Playwriting Programme right for me?
The Borders Playwriting Workshop Programme is geared towards aspiring and emerging playwrights who might have one or more of the following:
- very little, if any, playwriting experience
- experience in other areas of creative writing
- some experience of developing their work in a workshop environment, through rehearsed readings or working with others to improve their skills
How does the selection process work for the Scottish Borders Playwriting Programme?
A limited number of places are available for this programme. In making our selection, the panel considers:
- The originality of your voice
- Your commitment to developing your playwriting skills and experience
- How the programme will contribute to the development of your writing
How do I apply?
We are using Submittable to streamline our application process. If you have any difficulties using Submittable, please get in touch with us on 0141 332 4403 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can post your application to: Scottish Borders Playwriting Programme, Playwrights' Studio, Scotland, CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, G2 3JD. If applying by post you will need to include an Equalities Monitoring Form.
Submittable will ask you to create an account (or sign in to your existing account). To create an account, you will need to fill in your name and email address and choose a password.
You will need to fill in:
- Contact details (including name, address and mobile number)
- A supporting statement explaining:
- why you would like to be part of the Scottish Borders Playwriting Programme
- your commitment to developing your playwriting skills and experience
- A brief biography detailing your writing experience to date
- Whether you would like to receive Playwrights' Studio's E-News
You will need to upload the following files (in pdf or word):
- One three-page writing sample, preferably from a stage
You will then be asked to provide some demographic information
about yourself. This is for equalities monitoring
and is anonymous. This information will be separated from
Once you have completed all questions, click the final Submit button. You should then receive an email confirming the submission of your application.
Deadline for applications: 12pm Friday 16 June 2017.