Writers Projects - How to Apply
Applications are currently closed
Experienced mid-career or established professional playwrights can apply for up to £3,250 to experiment with their writing. Playwrights' Studio will manage the project on the playwright's behalf, providing administrative support and handling all the financial management. We will work closely with you to ensure that the project successfully meets your needs.
A limited number of Writers Projects are available. In selecting which ones to support we will consider, how:
- Original and ambitious your ideas are
- The project will allow you to try something you wouldn't otherwise be able to
- It will contribute to the development of your writing
- It will benefit your career
Here are some suggestions of things you may wish to include within your budget, based on previous Writers Projects:
- Time away on a writing residency
- Research for your writing
- Working with a translator
- Contracting a director and actors to develop your script in a workshop
- Inclusion of other artists in a collaborative process (musicians, dancers, visual artists, digital artists etc.)
We will, of course, support ideas that go beyond these suggestions.
As a development organisation, we do not commission or produce plays, and our resources are limited. Therefore, this is not a commissioning or production fund. Writers Projects cannot be used to substitute or top up commissioning fees from theatres, or to self-commission. Nor can they contribute to production costs.
Am I eligible?
- You are an experienced mid-career or established professional playwright. You have had a number of full-length or short plays professionally produced, or have a significant body of equivalent work.
- Your main residence is in Scotland
- You have not already received funding for the same activity
If you wish to discuss your project with us prior to submitting an application please call Emma McKee on 0141 332 4403 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I apply?
To apply please download and complete the
application form and return this to us. Please check the
Frequently Asked Questions section before
sending your application.
You can either email your completed application to Emma McKee or post it to:
Playwrights' Studio, Scotland
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street
Your application will be considered by a panel of industry professionals and Playwrights' Studio staff.
Applications are currently closed.