Up Close was an occasional, full day event for the public to engage with Playwrights' Studio through participating in a diverse programme of workshops. This was a unique opportunity to network with writers and theatre practitioners, Playwrights' Studio staff and our Associate Playwrights.
Up Close offered:
- Playwriting workshops at introductory and further skills levels;
- Script Surgeries - a chance for playwrights to discuss their work face-to-face and get professional feedback;
- Workshops for writing radio drama and/or TV;
- Panel discussions with industry professionals;
- Rehearsed readings of new work;
- A bookshop and information point selling plays by Scotland's playwrights.
Up Close Public Workshops were superceded by Playwrights' Studio, Scotland's Talkfest events.
Up Close 2013: The Happy Lads (Rob Drummond)