Seeking New Board Members
Playwrights' Studio, Scotland seeks new non-executive directors to join its current board of individuals with different backgrounds, interests and experience all equally committed to delivering the vision and mission of the UK's only playwright development organisation.
While there isn't a formal closing date, we are also in the process of recruiting a new Creative Director & Chief Executive, so we would anticipate appointing new board members by the autumn of 2021 at the latest.
About Playwrights' Studio, Scotland
We are the nation's only arts organisation exclusively dedicated to the long-term support, development and promotion of Scotland's playwrights. We work actively and creatively with playwrights, connecting them with audiences and organisations, for the ultimate enrichment and enjoyment of the people of Scotland and beyond.
Playwrights' Studio, Scotland is guided by four key values. We are artistically independent; open and accessible; well connected; and, efficient, effective and adaptable.
What we are looking for
We particularly, but not exclusively, welcome candidates with expertise or experience in the following areas:
- Finance and accountancy
- Income generation and fundraising
- Politics and advocacy
- Digital transformation
- Environmental change
- Working internationally
As they are currently underrepresented on our board of directors, we strive to increase membership from:
- People of colour or from ethnic minority backgrounds
- Disabled people
- Trans or non-binary people
- People based outside the central belt of Scotland
- Gaelic or Scots speakers
We welcome applicants of any gender, religion or belief, age, sexual orientation and from socio-economically deprived backgrounds or working class origins.
Playwrights are currently well represented on our board, which operates a specific conflict of interest policy and process. If you are a professional playwright who would like to express your interest in joining the board in the future, please e-mail Emma McKee, General Manager (email@example.com).
For more information
Expressions of interest
We use the submissions management system, Submittable to streamline our application processes. Expressions of interest are currently being accepted on a rolling basis.
If you are unable to use Submittable, you can:
- Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Board Recruitment' in the subject line
- Post your application to: Rona Munro, Chair, c/o Playwrights' Studio, Scotland, CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, G2 3JD
If applying by email or post you will need to include an Equalities Monitoring Form.
If you have problems using Submittable, or have any questions at all regarding or the application process, please feel free to email email@example.com. We are happy to help.
What do I need to include in my application?
As part of your application you will need to provide:
- Contact details (including name, address and mobile number)
- Any communication and/or access needs that we should be aware of
- What skills and attributes you can bring to the role
- Details of your experience in a similar role
- Your reasons for wishing to become a Board member
- You will also need to attach your CV.
If applying by e-mail or post, we would also be grateful if you would complete and return the Equalities Monitoring Form with your application.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Emma McKee, General Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org.