Sam can be contacted through Playwrights' Studio
Sam Siggs is an Edinburgh based Playwright. His first play The Place Between Sleeping and Waking was produced in 2010 whilst he was still studying Drama and Theatre Arts at Queen Margaret University. Since then, he has written plays for Strange Town Theatre Company, Ineffect, and New Celts/No Idling Theatre.
Writing credits include:
- The Place between Sleeping and Waking' (2010, The Roxy Arthouse)
- Beyond the door (2010, Scottish Storytelling Centre)
- The Pest/Shitdogs (2011, Scottish Storytelling Centre)
- Hex (co-written with Tim Primrose) ( 2011, The Hill Street Theatre. 2012, The Traverse Theatre)
- Tinsel trash (Co-written with Alan Gordon and Tim Primrose) (2011, Scottish Storytelling centre)
- Pantoland (2011, The Scottish Storytelling Centre)
- Misanthropy (2012, C Venues)
- Love Bites (2012, The Scottish Storytelling Centre)
- Small Creatures (2013, Scottish Storytelling Centre)
- Anton and the Eye of Death (2013, Scottish Storytelling Centre)
In 2013 Sam Siggs '500 word' play Acorns was one of fifty selected by the Traverse Theatre for their Traverse Fifty competition. This resulted in a year-long attachment to the Traverse.
Sam Siggs was recently mentored by Clare Duffy through Playwright's Studio, Scotland.
His 2015 play All I Want for Christmas is The Head of Johnny Murdoch was shortlisted for a Chrysalis Award
He has also had work performed at Village Pub Theatre and Words, Words, Words at the Traverse Theatre.