How to Apply
Am I eligible for the Perthshire Plays Playwriting Group?
To apply to the Perthshire Plays Playwriting Group, you need to be:
- Based in Perth & Kinross
- Available for at least eight of the ten monthly sessions detailed for 2020
Is the Playwriting Group right for me?
Applications are welcome from:
- Writers with little or no playwriting experience
- People with experience in other areas of creative writing but who would like to give playwriting a try
- Playwrights with some experience but who would appreciate a refresher
- Anyone in between!
All you need is a passion to write for the stage, enthusiasm to learn and a willingness to work with others!
We believe diversity is essential to a thriving cultural sector and we aim to work actively with writers from a range of different backgrounds.
As they are currently underrepresented, we strive to increase applications from and representation within our programmes from playwrights:
- Writing in Scots
- From Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic backgrounds
- With Additional Support Needs (including people with a physical disability, learning disability or mental health condition.)
How does the selection process work for the Perthshire Plays Playwriting Group?
All applications will be read by Hayley Sinclair (Communications and Projects Coordinator, Playwrights' Studio, Scotland), Fiona Sturgeon Shea (Creative Director, Playwrights' Studio, Scotland), Lesley Wilson, (Associate Playwright, Playwrights' Studio, Scotland). There are a limited number of places available for the group so, in making our selection, we will consider:
- How the programme will contribute to the development of your writing
- Your commitment to developing your playwriting skills and experience
- Your passion, enthusiasm and willingness to work with others
How do I apply?
Applications are made online. Just click on the button at the bottom of this page to start your application.
If you have any difficulties using Submittable, please get in touch with us via 0141 332 4403 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to use Submittable, please contact us to discuss other ways of applying. Call us on 0141 332 4403 or email email@example.com no later than Monday 16 December.
If you require the application form in a different format or require assistance completing the form, please get in touch with us on 0141 332 4403 or at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 16 December.
If you have any questions at all regarding the application process, please feel free to contact us on 0141 332 4403 or at email@example.com. We are happy to help.
The online submission service that will process your application is Submittable. To start your application, Submittable will ask you to create an account (or sign in to your existing account). To create an account, you will need to fill in your name and email address and choose a password.
As part of the application process, you will need to provide:
- Contact details (including name, address and mobile number)
- A supporting statement explaining:
- why you would like to be part of the Perthshire Plays Playwriting Group
- your commitment to developing your playwriting skills and experience
- A brief biography detailing your writing experience to date
- Where you heard about this opportunity
- Whether you would like to receive Playwrights' Studio's E-News, Events and/or Opportunities
- One three-page writing sample. This can be from any genre, but preferably from a stage play
You will receive an email confirming the submission of your application.
Deadline for applications: 5pm, Monday 6 January 2020.
You will be informed of the outcome no later than Friday 17 January 2020.
There is no charge for being part of the Perthshire Plays playwriting group.